Thursday, September 20, 2012

Widgets

Fall Thank You

I’ve brought you another Make and Take card today! This one is another one using the fabulous woodgrain pattern, but this time with embossing!


  • Stamps: French Folige, Sassy Salutations
  • DSP: Candlelight Christmas, Champagne Glimmer Paper
  • Card Stock: Very Vanilla
  • Ink: More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Early Espresso
  • Accessories: Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon, Corner Rounder Punch, Woodgrain embossing folder

This card may look complicated, but it really was pretty easy! I started out by cutting a piece of Very Vanilla card stock 4-1/4” x 11” and scored it at 5-1/2”. I cut another piece of Very Vanilla card stock 4” x 5-1/4”. I stamped the bottom of the smaller piece of Very Vanilla card stock with the leaves from French Foliage in More Mustard, Always Artichoke, Pumpkin Pie, and Cherry Cobbler inks.

For the two-tone leaves I inked up the stamp first with Pumpkin Pie ink, then touched just the edges onto the Cherry Cobbler ink pad and stamped it. Remember to clean your stamp after each time you stamp it and always ink up with the lighter color first! This will prevent you from contaminating your lighter colored ink pads with a darker ink.


I stamped the greeting from Sassy Salutations just a little above the leaves in Early Espresso ink. Then I ran the card stock through the Big Shot in the Woodgrain embossing folder. Next I cut a piece of Candlelight Christmas DSP to 1-1/2” x 4” and adhered it at the top of the textured card stock. I cut a piece of Champagne Glimmer Paper 1/2” x 4” and adhered it just under the DSP. Then I used a Corner Rounder punch on all four corners of the panel just to soften the look of the edges a little. I also used the Corner Rounder punch on all four corners of the card base to make it match.


Finally I wrapped a piece of Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding ribbon around the panel where the DSP and the glimmer paper met and tied it into a bow. Then I adhered this panel directly onto the card front with Anywhere Glue stick!

The result, a fabulous bunch of leaves with texture and a little bit of sparkle! I am so ready for fall! I just love seeing the trees transform into the bright range of colors. What is your favorite thing about fall?