Monday, September 10, 2012

Widgets

Lucky Limeade Christmas

I have a sketch challenge card for you! This one was created for the SCCSC132 sketch challenge on Stampin’ Connection. I’m in a Christmas-y mood lately. It’s not surprising though…Christmas cards are my favorite to make. I just love the holiday season! Anyway…take a look:


  • Stamps: Sassy Salutations, Ornament Keepsakes
  • DSP: Festival of Prints
  • Card Stock: Lucky Limeade, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla
  • Ink: Versamark, Lucky Limeade, Cherry Cobbler
  • Accessories: Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding ribbon, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Stampin’ Sponge, Postage Stamp punch, 1” Square punch, craft knife

Here is the sketch that was created by yours truly:


I started off by cutting a piece of Lucky Limeade card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Then I cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock 1-1/4” x 3-1/2” and stamped the greeting from Sassy Salutations on it in Cherry Cobbler ink. This was adhered onto a 1-1/2” x 3-3/4” piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock. Then I adhered this panel onto the bottom of the card front with a few Stampin’ Dimensionals.


I used the Postage Stamp punch on a scrap of Cherry Cobbler card stock four times. Next I used the 1” Square punch on a piece of Festival of Prints DSP to cut out four patterned squares. The DSP squares were adhered onto the Cherry Cobbler postage stamps. These were then adhered onto the card front.

I used my craft knife to cut a slit in the fold of the card where I wanted my ribbon to go. Then I cut a length of Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding ribbon, threaded it through the slit in the fold of the card, and tied the ribbon into a bow.

Now I wanted to add an ornament in the center of the four squares. So I stamped the ornament image from Ornament Keepsakes on a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock in Versamark ink. I covered the stamped image with Iridescent Ice embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated it with my Heat Tool. After the embossed image cooled I cut out the ornament with the Holiday Ornaments Framelits. The glittery ornament didn’t stand out enough so I took my Stampin’ Sponge and sponged Lucky Limeade into the card stock. This really brought out the details in the ornament image. Then I adhered the ornament onto the card front with a couple Stampin’ Dimensionals.


Overall I like it. It’s definitely different. But I really like the Lucky Limeade with Cherry Cobbler! Are you making Christmas-y things already?