Monday, September 17, 2012

Widgets

It's a Tag!

I recently participated in a tag swap so I had to make up some tags. One batch was for Christmas, that I posted last week, and the second batch was for everyday things. Well this is the everyday tag that I created for the swap. I really love the Blooming with Kindness stamp set!


  • Stamps: Blooming with Kindness, En Francais
  • Card Stock: Wisteria Wonder, Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant
  • Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant, Versamark
  • Accessories: Clear embossing powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Stampin’ Sponge, Beautiful Wings embosslit, Curly Label Punch, Rhinestones, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Crop-A-Dile, Whisper White Organza ribbon, Corner Rounder Punch

I started off by cutting a piece of Whisper White card stock 2-1/4” x 3-1/4” and a piece of Wisteria Wonder card stock 2-1/2” x 3-1/2”. I used the Corner Rounder punch on both pieces of card stock to round the corners.

I stamped the En Francais background stamp onto the Whisper White card stock in Wisteria Wonder ink, then sponged around the edges with more Wisteria Wonder ink. Then I stamped the flower image from Blooming with Kindness on top of the script in Versamark ink. I covered the stamped image with Clear embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated it with the heat tool. After the embossing cooled I sponged over the top of the flower in a swirling motion with Elegant Eggplant ink. This really makes the flower stand out more. I adhered this layer onto the Wisteria Wonder card stock.


I cut a piece of Elegant Eggplant card stock 3/8” x 2-1/2” and adhered it across the bottom of the tag. I stamped the greeting from Blooming with Kindness onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Elegant Eggplant ink and punched it out with the Curly Label punch. I adhered the greeting label on top of the Elegant Eggplant strip with a Stampin’ Dimensional.


I used the large hole on my Crop-A-Dile to punch the hole in the top of the tag and threaded some Whisper White Organza ribbon through it. For one finishing touch I pulled out the Whisper White butterflies from my scraps, adhered them onto the tag, and added a small Rhinestone into the center.


I could easily see this tag being tied onto a bouquet of flowers or a gift bag to show someone how much they are appreciated. I should make more tags just to have on hand for when I need them.  Come back tomorrow to see the Christmas tag!