Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Widgets

Pool Party Butterfly

Good morning everyone! I have the first card from the August Make and Take to show you! I think this one was my absolute favorite of the evening! Take a look:


  • Stamps: Papillion Potpourri, Sweet Essentials, Woodgrain
  • Card Stock: Pool Party, Whisper White, So Saffron, Crumb Cake
  • Ink: So Saffron, Island Indigo
  • Accessories: Large Scallop Edgelit, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, Paper Piercer, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Delicate Butterfly Punch, Whisper White Organza ribbon, Decorative Label Punch, Rhinestones, Glue Dots


This one took quite a few tools and was a little more time consuming, but so worth the effort! I started off with a piece of Pool Party card stock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. I stamped the greeting from Sweet Essentials into the lower right hand corner in Island Indigo ink.


Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 3” x 5-1/2” and ran it through the Big Shot with the Large Scallop Edgelit. A tip for making sure the scallops are straight: line up the bottom of the scallops of the die with the cut edge of the card stock, then just be careful that it doesn’t shift when you put the clear plate on top of it to run it through the Big Shot. I adhered the now scalloped card stock down onto the card front.

I cut a piece of So Saffron card stock 2-1/4” x 5-1/2” and stamped the Woodgrain background stamp onto the card stock in So Saffron ink. I’m absolutely loving the woodgrain look lately! I adhered the stamped So Saffron card stock onto a 2-3/8” x 5-1/2” piece of Crumb Cake card stock. Then I used the Decorative Label punch and punched through both layers of card stock closer to one short edge. I used the fabulous new Essentials Paper Piercing pack, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, and Paper Piercer to add the piercing around the decorative window.

I wrapped a piece of Whisper White Organza ribbon through the punched hole, and around the edge of the card stock and tied it into a knot. This panel was adhered onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.

Now for the butterfly. I stamped the butterfly image from Papillion Potpourri onto a scrap of Pool Party card stock in Island Indigo ink and punched out the image with the Decorative Butterfly punch. I adhered the butterfly inside the decorative window with a Glue Dot and added three small Rhinestones into the center of the butterfly.


That’s it! I love how simple it looks with the butterfly recessed inside the window! But I also really love the simple woodgrain accent with the background stamp. Are there any particular patterns that you are loving lately?