Thursday, September 13, 2012

Widgets

Patterns for You

Good morning everyone! It’s getting closer to the weekend! I have another sketch card to share with you, but first I want to give you a heads up. As I mentioned a little while ago I spent some time cleaning and organizing my craft room. Well I came across some things that are still great, but I won’t be using. Some things have never even been used! So on Monday I will be having two, yes two, Blog Candy drawings for some of these goodies. So make sure to come back Monday and take a look and enter for the drawing! Now on to the card. This was created for the SCCSC136 sketch challenge on Stampin’ Connection.


  • Stamps: Just Believe
  • DSP: Candlelight Christmas, Comfort Café, Pool Party
  • Card Stock: Whisper White, Summer Starfruit
  • Ink: Pool Party
  • Accessories: 1/8” Earl Espresso Taffeta ribbon, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Paper Piercer, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, Brights Brads, Modern Label punch

Here is the sketch that was created by Liz Goldhawk: 


I started off by cutting a piece of Summer Starfruit card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock 3-1/2” x 4-3/4”. I dug through my scraps bin for scraps of DSP and cut them to size. For the top left pattern from Candlelight Christmas I cut it 2-1/4” x 1-3/4”. For the top right pattern from Comfort Café I cut it 2-1/4” x 3”. For the bottom left Pool Party DSP I cut it 1-1/4” x 2-1/4”. For the bottom left pattern from Comfort Café I cut it 1-1/4” x 2-1/2”.

I adhered all of the pieces of DSP onto the Very Vanilla card stock with Anywhere Glue Stick. Some of the pieces were still extending past the edge of the Very Vanilla card stock so I used my handy dandy Paper Snips to trim the DSP even with the Very Vanilla.

I wrapped a piece of 1/8” Early Espresso Taffeta ribbon around the panel where the DSP meets in the middle and tied the ribbon into a knot. Then I adhered this panel onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.


Now for the greeting. I stamped the “just for you” from Just Believe onto a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock in Pool Party ink. I punched out the greeting with my Modern Label punch. I also used the Modern Label punch on a scrap of Early Espresso card stock then used Paper Snips to cut the label in half. I adhered each label half behind the greeting label with 2-Way Glue Pen. I wanted to add another little pop of color so I used my Paper Piercer and Stampin’ Pierce Mat to pierce a hole in each end of the label and added a Tempting Turquoise brad into each hole. I adhered the label onto the card front with a couple Stampin’ Dimensionals.


I really like how this turned out. I was able to use up some scraps and now I have a fabulous card for someone!