Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Widgets

Make a Wish!

Good morning everyone! I have another card from the September Make and Take to share with you! This one was inspired by this card that was created by Heidi at RunningWScissorsStamper. Thanks so much for the inspiration Heidi! 


  • Stamps: Sweet Essentials
  • DSP: Comfort Café
  • Card Stock: Sahara Sand, Midnight Muse, Very Vanilla
  • Ink: Soft Suede
  • Accessories: Argyle embossing folder, 1” Circle Punch, 1-3/8” Circle Punch, 1-3/4” Circle Punch

I started off with a piece of Sahara Sand card stock cut at 4-1/4” x 11” and scored at 5-1/2”. Next I cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock 3-5/8” x 4-7/8”. I stamped the greeting from Sweet Essentials onto the top portion of the card stock in Soft Suede ink. Next I used the 1”, 1-3/8”, and 1-3/4” Circle punches on pieces of Comfort Café DSP to punch out four circles from each size. I arranged the circles onto the card stock and adhered them in place. Then I used Paper Snips to trim off the circles that extend past the edge of the Very Vanilla card stock.

Next I ran this piece through the Argyle embossing folder to add texture to the entire panel, then I adhere this onto a 3-3/4” x 5” piece of Midnight Muse card stock. Finally I adhered this panel onto the card front.


That’s it! The hardest part is deciding which patterns to use and how you want to arrange the circles. The ladies at the Make and Take had a great time using their own creativity on this part. It was lots of fun to see the differences between each person’s creation and the sample. My sister even had the ingenious idea to pop up a couple circles with dimensionals for a layered effect which looked fabulous!