Friday, November 2, 2012

Widgets

My Thoughts Friday Mashup 83!

It's Friday again! I hope you're ready for a fun square challenge! Take a look at the card I made for this week's Friday Mashup: 


  • Stamps: Field Flowers, Flowering Flourishes
  • DSP: Greenhouse Gala (retired)
  • Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Whisper White
  • Ink: Baja Breeze, Real Red
  • Accessories: Real Red Satin Ribbon (retired), Glimmer Brad, Stampin’ Dimensionals, needle, red thread, Brights Brads, Paper Piercer, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, Glue Dots




So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project "using the Sketch".
  2. Or Make a project with "Rosettes".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project with the "Sketch featuring Rosettes".

This was a fun challenge! I started off with a piece of Crumb Cake card stock cut 5” x 10” and scored it at 5”. Next I cut four pieces of Greenhouse Gala retired DSP 2” x 2” and adhered them onto four 2-1/8” x 2-1/8” pieces of Early Espresso card stock. I adhered these onto the card front being very careful to get them as straight as possible.

Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock ** x**. I stamped the flowery swirls from Flowering Flourishes onto the card stock in Baja Breeze ink to give it some pattern. Then I stamped the greeting from Field Flowers onto the card stock in Real Red ink. I adhered this onto a ** x** piece of Early Espresso card stock and adhered it onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.


I used my Paper Piercer and Stampin’ Pierce mat to pierce three holes in the upper right hand square for the three Real Red brads. Now for the posy. I cut a 9” piece of Real Red satin ribbon. I absolutely love this ribbon, but unfortunately it retired this last June. So I have plenty to use up!


I used a needle and some red thread and just stitched a large running stitch right along one edge of the ribbon. Once I got to the other end I pushed the ribbon up together on the thread and tied the thread ends into a knot to keep the ribbon in a tight gather. I tied a couple more knots in the thread just to be sure it doesn’t come loose and trimmed the thread ends close to the knot. Then I simply added a red Glimmer Brad into the center of the ruffled ribbon circle and adhered it onto the card front with a couple Glue Dots. Isn’t it cute? And so easy to make too! If my written instructions didn’t make any sense, take a look at the video below. 



What do you think?