Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Widgets

Dare to... Be Thankful!

I’m participating in the Dare to DIY link party and this week’s theme is to Be Thankful. I wanted to create a framed message that I will hang over my Kitchen message center (when I get it put together).
After some black spray paint and matte sealer, some Basic Black striped DSP, white vinyl, and etching cream I came up with this beauty.


Here is the frame I started with.


I sprayed the frame with black satin spray paint and some matte sealer spray. This is just what I already had on hand.

Next I went to my computer and cut the font out of white vinyl on my Silhouette. I used the letters for the “Today I am for…” and the negative for the “Thankful”. The negative I applied onto the glass from the frame and used some etching cream to etch the letters in the glass following the instructions on the bottle of etching cream. Then I removed the vinyl. I cleaned the glass and added the white vinyl letters.  Then I simply put the glass and a piece of Basic Black designer paper in the frame. It had to be a dark color to show off the etched letters.
 

Now when I walk by this in my kitchen it will make me think of something I am thankful for each time I see it. Thinking of one way you are thankful each day really shows how blessed you are!


I’m sharing this at the Dare to DIY party hosted by Decor and the Dog, Maybe Matilda, Newly Woodwards, and Two Twenty One!