Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Widgets

Birthday Banners

Good morning! I have another card from the October Make and Take to share with you! This one is a birthday card with Comfort Café DSP. Take a look!


  • Stamps: Sassy Salutations
  • DSP: Comfort Café
  • Card Stock: Summer Starfruit, Whisper White, Pool Party
  • Ink: Midnight Muse
  • Accessories: 1” Square Punch, Argyle embossing folder, Midnight Muse Stitched Satin ribbon
I started off by cutting a piece of Summer Starfruit card stock 4” x 11” and scored it at 5-1/2”. Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 4” x 5-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Pool Party card stock 3-1/2” x 3-3/4”. I ran the Pool Party card stock through the Big Shot in the Argyle embossing folder to give it a little bit of texture. I adhered this onto the bottom of the Whisper White card stock then stamped the greeting from Sassy Salutations onto the top of the Whisper White card stock in Midnight Muse ink.


I adhered this layer onto the card front. Next I cut two strips of Comfort Café DSP 3/4” x 3” and one strip 3/4” x 3-1/2”. I used the 1” Square punch to punch out the dove-tail shape the curled the DSP strips around my finger to give the paper just a little bit of curl. I adhered these strips onto the card so that the straight edge of the DSP is lined up with the top edge of the Pool Party card stock. Finally I wrapped a piece of Midnight Muse Stitched Satin ribbon around the card front and tied it into a knot. That’s it! Super easy and fast!