Thursday, November 29, 2012

Widgets

Christmas Punches

I've been having fun with sketch challenges again! This time it’s the Create Pretty Cards challenge CPC17 at Craft Project Central. When I saw this sketch I knew exactly which set I wanted to use! I've been itching to play with these fabulous mini punches since I got them. Take a look.


  • Stamps: More Merry Messages
  • Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Gumball Green, Very Vanilla, Early Espresso Core’dinations
  • Ink: Early Espresso
  • Accessories: Merry Minis Punch Pack, 1-1/4” Scalloped Circle Punch, Champagne Glimmer Paper, Red Glimmer Paper, Silver Glimmer Paper, Paper Snips, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Sanding Block, Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder, 3/4” Circle Punch
Here is the CPC17 Sketch:


I started off by cutting a piece of Crumb Cake card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Next I took a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock that was about 2” wide and cut it 5-1/2” long. I punched one long edge with the Scallop Edge Border Punch.

Next I cut a piece of Early Espresso Core’Dinations card stock 2-1/4” x 5-1/2”. I ran this through the Big Shot in the Lacy Brocade embossing folder. I used the sanding block to reveal the Crumb Cake inner core which really makes the texture stand out nicely. I adhered the strip of Very Vanilla card stock behind the embossed Early Espresso, then adhered this layer onto the card front. I thought it needed just a little bit more color, so I cut a piece of Gumball Green card stock 1/4” x 5-1/2” and adhered it just below the Early Espresso card stock.


Now for the cute punches! I used the Merry Minis punches on a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock and then punched out the punched shapes with the 1-1/4” Scalloped Circle. Next I used the 3/4” Circle punch once on each of the colors of Glimmer Paper. I adhered the Glimmer paper directly onto the textured card stock. Then I adhered the scalloped circle “windows” on top with half of a dimensional on either side of the opening. That way the little “windows” are raised up above the glimmer circle.


Finally I stamped the greeting onto a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock that was about 3/8” x 4” and used Paper Snips to cut the dove-tail in one end. I adhered this behind the edge of the center scalloped circle.

What do you think?