Friday, November 23, 2012

Widgets

Christmas Doily Friday Mashup 86

It’s Friday Mashup time again! This one was definitely a challenge! Take a look at the card I made.


  • Stamps: Hello Doily, Greetings of the Season
  • DSP: Be of Good Cheer
  • Card Stock: Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Early Espresso
  • Ink: Crumb Cake, Versamark
  • Accessories: Scallop Circle Die, Merry Minis Punch Pack, Champagne Glimmer Paper, Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details, Crumb Cake Taffeta Ribbon, Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder, Stampin’ Sponge, Stampin’ Dimensional, Glue Dots, Gold Smooch Spritz



So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a holiday project using "Non-Holiday Image(s)".
  2. Or Make a project with a "Messy Technique", such as spritzing, smooching, shimmer painting, or splattering with an aquapainter.
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Holiday Project from Non-Holiday Stamps and a Messy Technique".

For this card I started by cutting a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. I cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock 4” x 5-1/4” and stamped the image from Hello Doily onto the background in Crumb Cake ink. Next I stamped the greeting from Greetings of the Season onto the Very Vanilla card stock in the upper right hand corner in Versamark ink. I covered the stamped image with Cherry Cobbler embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated it with the heat tool.

To make the greeting stand out a little more I sponged around the greeting with Crumb Cake ink. To add some shimmer to the card I sprayed the stamped Very Vanilla card stock with some Gold Smooch Spritz and adhered it onto the card front. I cut a piece of Crumb Cake taffeta ribbon, wrapped it around the card front, and tied it into a knot.


For the tree I cut a piece of Be of Good Cheer DSP 5-1/2” x 5-1/2” and ran it through the Big Shot on the Scallop Circle die. Then I cut the scalloped circle in half on my paper cutter. I folded the DSP back and forth to make the tree shape and adhered each flap in place. I adhered a scrap strip of Early Espresso card stock behind the tree for the trunk then adhered the tree onto the card front with a couple Stampin’ Dimensionals.


I used the star punch from the Merry Minis Punch Pack on a piece of Champagne Glimmer Paper and adhered the sparkly star onto the top of the tree with a Glue Dot. As if the card didn’t have enough sparkle, I added some Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details onto the scallops of the tree.

I kind of cheated. I used a holiday stamp set for the greeting. But it’s still cute… and sparkly!