Friday, November 16, 2012

Widgets

Give Thanks Friday Mashup 85

Are you ready to see how I used the leaves that I showed you how to make yesterday? If you missed it you can find the tutorial HERE. Take a look at my card!


  • Stamps: Hand-Penned Holidays, Woodgrain, French Foliage
  • Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
  • Ink: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Versamark
  • Accessories: Early Espresso Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Antique Brads, Autumn Accents Die, Champagne Glimmer Paper, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive, Crop-A-Dile, leaves from yesterday’s tutorial

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project with "Leaves".
  2. Or Make a project saying "Thank You".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Thank You project with Leaves".


I started off by cutting a piece of Crumb Cake card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Then I cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock 3-1/8” x 4-3/8”. I stamped the water spots from French Foliage onto the card stock in Crumb Cake ink. Then I stamped the greeting from Hand-Penned Holidays (retired) onto the top of the card stock in Versamark ink, covered with gold embossing powder, and heated with the heat tool until the image was shiny.


I adhered the stamped Very Vanilla card stock onto a 3-1/4” x 4-1/2” piece of Early Espresso card stock. I cut a length of Early Espresso Stitched Grosgrain ribbon, wrapped it around the bottom of the panel and tied it into a bow. I cut one small leaf from Champagne Glimmer Paper with the Autumn Accents die. Then I adhered my leaves together with Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive and adhered the leaves onto the card front with a few Stampin’ Dimensionals.


I used my Crop-A-Dile to punch a hole through the bottom of the leaves and the panel. Then I took an Antique Brad and spread the prongs really wide, I placed the prongs of the brad on either side of the knot in the bow and through the hole in the card stock before spreading the prongs. Then I adhered the panel onto the card front with some Stampin’ Dimensionals.


The finished result… a pretty fall card. What do you think?