Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Widgets

Christmas Present Card

I have another sketch challenge card for you! This one was created for SCCSC147 on Stampin’ Connection. Take a look!


  • Stamps: Tags Till Christmas
  • DSP: Candlelight Christmas
  • Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Real Red
  • Ink: Real Red, Early Espresso
  • Accessories: Real Red Stitched Grosgrain ribbon, Tag Punch, Stampin’ Sponge, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details, 1” Square Punch, craft knife

Here is the sketch that was created by yours truly: 


I started off by cutting a piece of Crumb Cake card stock 4-1/4” x 11” and scored it at 11”. Next I cut a piece of Candlelight Christmas DSP 4” x 5-1/4” and sponged all four sides with Early Espresso ink. I adhered this onto the card front. Then I took a craft knife and cut a small slit in the fold of the card just wide enough for the ribbon to pass through.

I threaded the ribbon through the slit and around the card front. Then, just like you would on a present, I crossed the ribbon ends twisted it to wrap around the card in the other direction, bringing the ribbon ends back to the front, and tied the ribbon into a bow. Now it looks like the whole card is a present!


I stamped the greeting from Tags ‘Till Christmas on a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock in Real Red in and punched it out with the 1” Square Punch. I used my Tag Punch, which I think is the small tag punch that is retired, on a scrap of Real Red card stock. I adhered the greeting square onto the label, then added some Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details around the edge of the Very Vanilla card stock. After the Dazzling Details dried I adhered the tag onto the card front with a Stampin’ Dimensional positioning it so that it looks like the tag is attached to the ribbon.

Pretty cute I think. Not to mention quick to make! These would make super cute Christmas cards if you had to make a bunch really fast.