Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Widgets

My Digital Studio to Card Stock

Good morning everyone! I have another September Make and Take card to share with you today. This one I actually CASED from a sample that was created entirely in My Digital Studio that was posted by Tara on her blog Can't Stamp the Rain. HERE is the link to Tara's MDS card. Here is my card stock version:


  • Stamps: Everything Eleanor, Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • Card Stock: Soft Suede, Whisper White
  • Ink: So Saffron, Tempting Turquoise, Midnight Muse
  • Accessories: Apothecary Accents Framelits, Midnight Muse Stitched Satin Ribbon, Large Pearls, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Soft Suede Marker, craft knife, Medium Oval Punch

Isn’t it awesome how you can take a sample created in MDS and re-create it in card stock? I started off with a 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” piece of Soft Suede card stock and scored it at 4-1/4”. I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 4” x 5-1/4”. I stamped the swirl from Everything Eleanor onto the Whisper White card stock twice with So Saffron ink. I stamped the medium flower in Tempting Turquoise ink twice. Then I stamped the large flower and the label images in Midnight Muse ink.

I used a craft knife to cut a slit in the fold of the card where I wanted my ribbon to go. Then I treaded the ribbon through the slot, wrapped it around the card front and tied it into a knot. Now for the label! I used the Apothecary Accents Framelits to cut the label shape from Soft Suede card stock. I stamped the greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Midnight Muse ink and punched it out with the Medium Oval punch. I adhered the stamped oval onto the Soft Suede label then used the fine point end of the Soft Suede marker to add stitch lines around the greeting oval. I adhered this onto the card front with a couple Stampin’ Dimensionals. Then I finally added one large pearl into the center of the large flower.


This card is absolutely fabulous! I absolutely love how it turned out! Thanks so much Tara for the inspiration!

Have you gotten any fabulous ideas from My Digital Studio samples?