Thursday, November 8, 2012

Widgets

O Christmas Tree!

I have the Christmas card from the September Make and Take to share with you today! This card was cased from Natasha at Inking out of the Box. You can find her card HERE. This is the card that I made! 


  • Stamps: Greetings of the Season
  • DSP: Be of Good Cheer
  • Card Stock: Gumball Green, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla
  • Ink: Cherry Cobbler
  • Accessories: Scentsational Season Framelits, Woodgrain embossing folder, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Champagne Glimmer Paper, Merry Minis Punch Pack, Gumball Green Stitched Satin ribbon

I started off with a 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” piece of Gumball Green card stock scored at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock 3-3/4” x 5”. I stamped the greeting from Greetings of the Season in the upper right hand corner of the card stock in Cherry Cobbler ink. Then I ran this piece through the Big Shot with the tree framelit from the Secentsational Season Framelits to cut out the tree shape. Then I ran it through the Big Shot in the Woodgrain embossing folder to add some texture.


Next I cut a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock 4” x 5-1/4” and adhered it onto the card front. I placed the textured Very Vanilla card stock on top of the cherry and used a pencil to trace the tree cut out onto the Cherry Cobbler card stock. Then I adhered five 1/2” x 2-1/4” strips of Be of Good Cheer DSP onto the Cherry Cobbler card stock on top of the tree outline. I adhered the Very Vanilla card stock on top of the Cherry Cobbler layer with Stampin’ Dimensionals.

I used the star punch from the Merry Minis Punch Pack on a piece of Champagne Glimmer Paper and adhered the glimmer star on top of the tree cut out with a Stampin’ Dimensional. Finally I wrapped a piece of Gumball Green Stitched Satin ribbon around the card front and tied it into a knot. 

Are you getting in the Christmas spirit yet? It's coming!