Friday, November 9, 2012

Widgets

Celebrate Friday Mashup 84!

It’s Friday again! That means it’s time for another Friday Mashup challenge! Take a look at the card I made:


  • Stamps: Seasonal Sayings, Lovely and Lacy
  • Card Stock: Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, Whisper White, Basic Gray
  • Ink: Basic Gray
  • Accessories: Lacy Brocade embossing folder, Large Scallop Edgelit, Glimmer Brads, Silver Dazzling Details, Basic Black Marker, 1” Circle Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Paper Piercer, Stampin’ Pierce Mat

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project with "Dry Embossing".
  2. Or Make a project using the colors " Daffodil Delight, Basic Grey & Basic Black".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project with "Dry Embossing & The Color Combo".

This card was pretty easy. I really like this color combination too! I started off with a piece of Daffodil Delight card stock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 3-3/4” x 5-1/2”. I ran the Whisper White card stock through the Big Shot with the Large Scallop Edgelit to cut the wonderful scalloped edge. I stamped the greeting from Seasonal Sayings onto the card stock in Basic Gray ink. Then I ran it through the Big Shot again in the Lacy Brocade embossing folder. I adhered this layer onto the card front. Next I cut a piece of Basic Black card stock 1/2” x 5-1/2” and adhered it onto the card front just above the scalloped edge. I used my Paper Piercer and Stampin’ Pierce mat to add three holes into the Basic Black strip and added a gray Glimmer Brad in each hole.


Now for the circles on the right. I stamped the image from Lovely and Lacy onto a scrap of Basic Gray card stock in Basic Gray ink. I wanted to highlight the outside petals of the flower so I colored them in with the fine point of my Basic Black marker. I adhered these circles onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.  Just to finish it off and make it a little more sparkly I added some Silver Dazzling Details into the center of the flower shapes. It almost looks the same as the glimmer brads.


If you have a chance head on over to the Friday Mashup and play along!