Thursday, August 2, 2012

Widgets

Thinking of You

Good morning! I hope you’re having a fabulous week so far! I have another sketch challenge card to share with you that I made quite a while ago, take a look!



  • Stamps: Curly Cute
  • Card Stock: Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse, Whisper White, Pool Party
  • DSP: Summer Starfruit
  • Ink: Pool Party, Midnight Muse
  • Accessories: Whisper White Stitched Grosgrain ribbon, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, Paper Piercer, Brights Glimmer Brads, Paper Snips, 1-3/8” Circle Punch, Mini Glue Dots


Here is the sketch that was created by yours truly:



I had a lot of fun with this sketch and playing more with Summer Starfruit. I just can’t get enough of this color, especially when paired with Pool Party!

I started off this card by cutting a piece of Summer Starfruit card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scoring it at 4-1/4”. Then I cut a piece of Pool Party card stock 1” x 7-1/4” and adhered it at an angle across the card front. I used my Paper Snips to trim off the Pool Party that stuck out past the edge of the card front.

Now for the interesting part… I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 1-3/8” x 3-5/8”. I stamped the greeting from Curly Cute by first inking up the stamp with Pool Party, then touched just the bottom portion of the stamp onto the Midnight Muse ink pad before stamping onto the Whisper White card stock. This gave me the great faded look to the text. Cool huh? Just make sure you ink up first in the lighter color, then the darker color. That way you won’t mess up your ink pads.


I adhered the greeting onto a 1-1/2” x 3-3/4” piece of Midnight Muse card stock. I used the 1-3/8” Circle Punch to punch two circles from a scrap of Midnight Muse card stock. I adhered each of the circles behind the greeting panel so only about half of the circle shows. Then I used my Paper Piercer and Stampin’ Pierce mat to pierce a hole in each of the circle halves and added a Glimmer Brad.

Next I cut a piece of Summer Starfruit striped DSP 2-1/2” x 3-1/4” and adhered it onto a 2-5/8” x 3-3/8” piece of Whisper White card stock. I then adhered my greeting panel onto the DSP panel. Then I adhered the panel onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. I used a Mini Glue Dot to add the bow just under the greeting panel.

 
I love the punches layered behind the greeting panel. It gives it such an interesting shape! Have you been using punches to create interesting layers? 

Thanks for stopping by!