Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Widgets

It's a Circus!

It’s Circle Circus that is! This stamp set has been in the catalog for quite some time, and I always wanted it, but didn’t get it until recently. I’ve only used it once before, so I just had to play with it more! That led to this really fun and playful birthday card which was the second card at the July Make and Take!


  • Stamps: Circle Circus, Friendly Phrases
  • Card Stock: Sahara Sand, Basic Grey, Whisper White
  • Ink: Basic Grey, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black
  • Accessories: Daffodil Delight Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon


I started off with a piece of Sahara Sand card stock cut at 4-1/4” x 11” and scored it at 5-1/2”. Then I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 4-1/4” x 3-1/2”. I stamped the images from Circle Circus in both Daffodil Delight and Basic Grey ink. My Basic Grey ink pad was running low on ink when I made my sample, which is why the grey circles are so light. You can achieve the same effect by inking the stamp, stamping onto a scrap piece of paper, then stamping on your card stock.  After I had all the circles I wanted I adhered the card stock onto the bottom of my card front.


Next I cut a piece of Basic Grey card stock 3/4” x 4-1/4” and adhered it on top of the edge of the Whisper White card stock. I stamped the greeting from Friendly Phrases onto the top of the card front in Basic Black ink. To finish it off I wrapped a piece of Daffodil Delight Stitched Grosgrain ribbon around the card front and tied it into a knot.

That’s it! Super easy, super fast, and super cute! Even though it has more subtle colors it just seems so cheerful and fun. What do you think?