Saturday, August 11, 2012

Widgets

Raspberry Ripple and Bright Blossoms

Good morning! I have the second project from the June Make and Take to share with you today! I wanted to make sure that I used all of the new In Colors and showcased some of the new products in all of the projects so my guests could get to see and use some of the new stuff! I really like this new Floral District DSP! I wasn’t sure about it in the catalog picture, but after seeing it in person I love it!


  • Stamps: Bright Blossoms, Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • Card stock: Raspberry Ripple, Whisper White
  • DSP: Floral District
  • Ink: Primrose Petals
  • Markers: Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple, Daffodil Delight, Gumball Green
  • Accessories: Raspberry Ripple Stitched Satin ribbon, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Scallop Edge Border punch


To start off I cut a piece of Raspberry Ripple card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4” for my card base. I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 4-1/4” x 5-1/2” and used the Scallop Edge Border punch on both of the 5-1/2” long sides. Then I cut one strip of Floral District DSP with the blossoms 1-1/4” x 5-1/2” and two pieces of the other pattern 1” x 5-1/2”.

I adhered the strips onto the Whisper White card stock one next to the other. I started off by adhering the middle strip in place and then added the two on either side. This allows you to get it really close to being centered on the card stock.  After all my strips were in place I adhered the layer onto the card front and wrapped a piece of Raspberry Ripple Stitched Satin ribbon around the card front and tied it into a knot.


Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 2” x 2-1/2”. I inked up the images from Bright Blossoms with the markers, breathed onto the stamp to re-moisten the ink, and stamped the image onto the card stock. I stamped the greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes just below the vase in Primrose Petals ink. I adhered the stamped card stock onto a 2-1/4” x 2-3/4” piece of Raspberry Ripple card stock and adhered this layer onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.


It’s bright, and girly, and fun! What’s your favorite new DSP?