Thursday, August 23, 2012

Widgets

Birthday Wishes

I have a sketch challenge card to share with you today! This card was quick and easy! Take a look:


  • Stamps: Woodgrain, Bring on the Cake
  • Card Stock: Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant
  • DSP: International Bazaar
  • Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant
  • Accessories: Scallop Edge Border Punch, Silver Glimmer paper, 2-Way Glue Pen


Here is the sketch that was created by Susie Nelson:



I started on this card by cutting a piece of Wisteria Wonder card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. I stamped the card front with the Woodgrain background stamp in Wisteria Wonder ink. Next I cut one piece of International Bazaar DSP 1-1/2” x 3” and one piece 1-1/2” x 1”. I adhered the DSP onto the card front so that one of the short sides was up against the edge of the card. I didn’t like just the DSP on the card front so I cut two strips of Elegant Eggplant 1/4” x 3” and two pieces 1/4” x 1” and adhered the strips onto either side of the DSP with my handy dandy 2-Way Glue Pen.

I stamped the greeting from Bring on the Cake between the strips of DSP in Elegant Eggplant ink. Then I took a scrap of Silver Glimmer Paper and punched the edge with the Scalloped Edge Border punch and adhered it onto the card front.


Simply, pretty, and sparkly! This kind of layout is really out of my usual style, but I had so much fun with it that I made another card using this sketch! Come back tomorrow to see it!