Friday, August 24, 2012

Widgets

Turquoise Thank You Friday Mashup 73

Hello everyone! It’s Friday again! Are you ready for another Friday Mashup challenge? This one was kind of tough for me, but take a look at the card I made.


  • Stamps: Sassy Salutations, Distressed Dots
  • Card Stock: Soft Suede, So Saffron, Whisper White
  • DSP: Midnight Muse
  • Ink: Soft Suede, Tempting Turquoise
  • Accessories: Apothecary Accents Framelits, Paper Piercer, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, Brights Brads, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Champagne Glimmer Paper


So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project with the colors "Midnight Muse, So Saffron, Tempting Turquoise & Soft Suede".
  2. Or Make a "Thank You" project .
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Thank You project w/ the colors Midnight Muse, So Saffron, Tempting Turquoise & Soft Suede".

I started off by cutting a piece of Soft Suede card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. I stamped the Distressed Dots background stamp onto the card front in Soft Suede ink to get those wonderful polka dots.

Next I cut one strip of So Saffron 1” x 2-1/2” and then two strips of So Saffron and four strips of Midnight Muse striped DSP 3/4” x 2-1/2”. I adhered the stripes onto the card base starting with the sides and working my way in. The center panel was a little bit larger than it needed to be, but you can’t really tell now that it is glued in place.

I cut a piece of Champagne Glimmer Paper 1/2” x 5-1/2” and adhered it on top of the edge of the stripes to cover up some slightly un-even edges. I really like what the Champagne glimmer paper adds to this!


Finally I stamped the greeting from Sassy Salutations onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Tempting Turquoise ink. I cut out the greeting with the Apothecary Accents framelits and my Big Shot. I used a Paper Piercer and Stampin’ Pierce mat to pierce a hole in each end of the label and added a turquoise brad in each. The label was adhered into the center of the card front with a couple Stampin’ Dimensionals.

That’s it! I hope you get a chance to join in on the fun over at the Friday Mashup! Swing by there to see what the other fabulous creations that the design team came up with!