Monday, August 6, 2012

Widgets

Simple Father's Day

Okay…I know Father’s Day was a long time ago, but I never got around to posting the cards I made. I would have posted them before Father’s Day except I didn’t get them done until the morning of. I sometimes procrastinate…but here is the first one.


  • Stamps: Delightful Dozen
  • Card Stock: Whisper White, Basic Gray, Basic Black
  • DSP: Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit
  • Ink: Basic Black
  • Accessories: Stampin’ Pierce Mat, Paper Piercer, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Basic Gray Corduroy Brads (retired), Apothecary Accents Framelits


This card was really fast and easy. I started off with a piece of Basic Gray card stock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored at 4-1/4”. I cut a piece of Summer Starfruit striped DSP 1-1/2” x 4-1/4” and adhered it onto a 1-3/8” x 4-1/4” piece of Basic Black card stock. Then I cut a piece of Midnight Muse striped DSP 2-1/4” x 4-1/4” and adhered it onto the left side of the card front. I adhered the Summer Starfruit and Basic Black layer on top of the Midnight Muse DSP. I love how the stripes go different directions!

Now for the greeting I stamped the image from Delightful Dozen onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Basic Black ink. I cut out the greeting with the Apothecary Accents framelit. I used my Stampin’ Pierce Mat and Paper Piercer to pierce a hole in each of the rounded tabs and added a Basic Gray Corduroy brad into each hole. I adhered the greeting panel onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.


So simple, but so striking I think. What about you? Do you like to procrastinate too? Sometimes I find I work much better under pressure. I don’t know why.