Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Widgets

Forever and Always

Good morning! Today I have the fourth and final card from the June Make and Take to share with you. This one featured the new Betsy’s Blossom stamp set and the new Large Scallop Edgelit.



  • Stamps: Betsy’s Blossoms, Loving Thoughts
  • Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Pool Party
  • Ink: Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Midnight Muse
  • Accessories: Large Scallop Edgelit, Delicate Designs embossing folders, Paper Snips, Stampin’ Dimensionals


For the Crumb Cake card base I cut the card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. With these coordinating embossing folders and Edgelit you want to cut the edge first and then emboss. So I cut the bottom of the card front with the Large Scallop Edgelit then ran the card stock through the Big Shot again in the Delicate Designs embossing folder.

Now that the bottom had a pretty detail the top needed something so I stamped the blossom from Betsy’s Blossoms all over the top of the card front in Crumb Cake ink. Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 1” x 5-1/2” and stamped the greeting from Loving Thoughts on the right side of the strip in Pool Party ink. I adhered this onto a 1-3/4” x 5-1/2” piece of Pool Party card stock and then adhered the layer onto the card front.

I stamped the bird from Betsy’s Blossoms onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Midnight Muse ink. I cut around the shape with Paper Snips and adhered the bird to the left of the greeting with a Stampin’ Dimensional.


Simple and easy yet pretty! I love these embossing folders and that large scallop edge!


Well… I’m off to try to organize my craft room a little more so maybe I can find something when I need it! I’ll make sure to share the result of my efforts in the near future. Are you working on any organizing projects?