Friday, August 17, 2012

Widgets

Indigo Birthday and Friday Mashup 72

It’s Friday again! TGIF! I have another Friday Mashup challenge to share with you. But first, take a look at the card I created:
  

  • Stamps: Sassy Salutations
  • Card Stock: Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade, Whisper White
  • DSP: Fesitval of Prints
  • Ink: Island Indigo
  • Accessories: Blossom Punch, Scalloped Circle Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons, Paper Snips, Lucky Limeade Ruffled ribbon, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Stampin’ Sponge, SNAIL Adhesive, Bone Folder


So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project with "the Sketch."
  2. Or Make a project w/ a "flower or multiple flowers"
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project w/ "the Sketch and a flower or multiple flowers"
I rotated the sketch for my card because I just had to use the Sassy Salutations stamp set that just came in. It’s such a fun and funky set of greetings! I started off by cutting a piece of Island Indigo card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scoring it at 4-1/4”. Then I took a piece of Festival Prints DSP and cut it down to 4” x 5-1/4” and adhered it onto the card front. I cut a length of Lucky Limeade ruffled ribbon and adhered it around the card front with SNAIL Adhesive. I adhered it in place so that the seam of the ribbon would be underneath the greeting panel.


Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 1-3/4” x 3-1/2” and stamped the greeting from Sassy Salutations in Island Indigo ink. This was adhered onto a 2” x 3-3/4” piece of Lucky Limeade card stock before being adhered onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.

Now all that’s left is the flower! I used the Blossom punch on another pattern of Festival of Prints DSP to cut out two flowers. I also punched out a Scalloped Circle and the largest flower from the Boho Blossoms punch. I used Paper Snips to cut between each of the scallops on the scalloped circle not quite all the way to the center. Then I used my Stampin’ Sponge to sponge Island Indigo ink around the edges of all my flowers.


I used my Bone Folder to curl the petals on all my flowers and then adhered them all together in a stack. I added a Vintage Faceted Designer Button into the center of the flower with a Glue Dot and adhered the flower into the center of the card with a couple Stampin’ Dimensionals.


That’s all there is to it! Take a look at all the other wonderful cards that the design team created by heading on over to the Friday Mashup! I love that big jewel-like button in the center of the flower! What have you been using these fabulous buttons for?