Thursday, August 16, 2012

Widgets

Birthday Butterflies

There have been a few birthdays lately in my family, so I need yet another birthday card. This one was for someone who really likes pink. Can you tell?


  • Stamps: Papillion Potpourri, Beautiful Birthday
  • Card Stock: Primrose Petals, Whisper White
  • DSP: Primrose Petals
  • Ink: Primrose Petals, Versamark
  • Accessories: Gold Embossing Powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Delicate Butterfly Punch, Glue Dots, Pearls


This card was quick and easy to put together, which is good, because I was running out of time. I’m sure you’re thinking “why don’t you just use one of your past Make and Take cards?” Well…I would, but by Mom, aunt, and sister come to each Make and Take that I have. That means that they have all the same cards too. So if I give a make and take card, it is very likely the recipient will get two of the same cards when it’s for a family birthday. So that means I have to make a unique card each time a family birthday comes along. Anyway…on to the card!


I started off with a piece of Primrose Petals card stock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored at 4-1/4”. I cut a piece of Primrose Petals polka dot DSP 2” x 5-1/2”. I stamped the greeting from Beautiful Birthday onto the DSP in Versamark ink. I covered the stamped image with Gold embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated it with my Heat Tool. This was adhered onto a 2-1/4” x 5-1/2” piece of Whisper White card stock and then this layer was added to the card front.


Now for the butterflies! I stamped two butterflies in one pattern and one butterfly in another pattern from Papillion Potpourri. I just love the fun different patterns for the butterflies in this stamp set! I punched out the butterflies with the Delicate Butterfly punch and adhered them onto the top portion of the card with Glue Dots. To add a little bit of sparkle I added some pearls to the center of each butterfly.


Simple, and definitely pink, but it works! What do you think?