Friday, August 3, 2012

Widgets

Vintage Christmas Friday Mashup 70!

Good morning! It's Friday and I have another Friday Mashup challenge for you! This one is actually on time!  Since getting my Holiday Catalog goodies I have been having the best time playing with some of my new toys! Take a look at this vintage Christmas card. I absolutely LOVE it! 



  • Stamps: En Francais, Ornament Keepsakes
  • Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler
  • Ink: Versamark, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede
  • Accessories: Holiday Frame embossing folder, Holiday Ornaments framelits, Champagne Glimmer Paper, XL Oval Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Stampin' Sponge, Sponge Daubers, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding ribbon, Glue Dots, Pretties Kit (retired), Gold embossing powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool

Photo Courtesy of Connie Mercer 
So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project with a "Stick Pin on it."
  2. Or Make a "Vintage" project.
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Vintage project with a Stick Pin on it."

I once again combined the Friday Mashup challenge with a sketch challenge from Stampin' Connection. This time it was the SCCSC130. Here is the sketch that was created by Liz Goldhawk: 





I started with a piece of Crumb Cake card stock cut at 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored at 4-1/4". I sponged around the edges of the card front with Soft Suede ink and a Stampin' Sponge. Next I cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock 4" x 4-1/4". I stamped the En Francais background onto the Very Vanilla card stock in Crumb Cake ink. Then I sponged around the edges of the card stock with Crumb Cake and Soft Suede ink and a Stampin' Sponge.

I really wanted to use the new Holiday Frame embossing folder and it seemed perfect for this sketch! So I ran the Very Vanilla card stock through the Big Shot in the Holiday Frame embossing folder. Then I used a Sponge Dauber to sponge Soft Suede ink onto the raised texture to really make the pattern stand out. The Sponge Dauber makes it easy to control where you're applying the ink so you get mostly just the raised texture. Finally I adhered the now vintage looking Very Vanilla card stock onto the card front.



I used the XL Oval Punch on some of the new Champagne Glimmer Paper and adhered the sparkly oval onto the center of the textured oval with Stampin' Dimensionals. Now for the ornament. I stamped the ornament from Ornament Keepsakes onto a scrap of Cherry Cobbler card stock in Versamark ink, covered the stamped image with gold embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated it with the heat tool. Then I cut out the ornament with the Holiday Ornaments Framelits in the Big Shot. 


I used the Sponge Dauber again to sponge some Soft Suede ink on the bottom and sides of the ornament to give it some dimension. The ornament was adhered onto the Champagne Glimmer Paper oval with a couple Stampin' Dimensionals. 


Finally I cut a piece of Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding ribbon about 18" long and tied it into a bow. I used the pin and beads from the Pretties Kit that retired a few years ago and inserted the pin through the bow, finished adding the beads and the pin cap and then adhered the bow onto the card front with several Glue Dots. 


This is definitely a card you would not send through the mail, but it is pretty! Have you ever finished a project and been so happy with the end result that you squealed and did a little happy dance? Well that was the case for me on this one! 


Thanks for stopping by!