Saturday, August 11, 2012

Widgets

Beautiful Butterflies

Good morning! I have some Make and Takes from June to share with you! Today I’ll start off with the first one and will share the rest later in the next several days. June was a month of excitement! The new catalog was just released and there was just so much fun new stuff to choose from. How, oh how could I just narrow it down to five projects? But I did have to choose.  It helped that my bank account wouldn’t allow me to get all the new goodies I wanted at once!




  • Stamps: Papillion Potpourri, Layered Labels
  • Card Stock: Sahara Sand, Midnight Muse, Whisper White, Summer Starfruit
  • DSP: Summer Starfruit
  • Ink: Sahara Sand, Basic Black
  • Accessories: Apothecary Accents Framelits, Delicate Butterfly punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

For this card I started off with a 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” piece of Sahara Sand card stock and scored it at 4-1/4”. I cut a strip of Midnight Muse card stock 3/4” x 5-1/2”, a strip of Whisper White 1/4” x 5-1/2”, and a strip of Summer Starfruit DSP 1/2” x 5-1/2”. I adhered the strips onto the left side of the card front one right next to the other.


I stamped the greeting from Layered Labels onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Sahara Sand ink and cut it out with the Apothecary Accents Frameilts on the Big Shot. I just love all the new framelits! I used the same framelit again on a scrap of Whisper White card stock. I cut the Whisper White label in half length-wise with Paper Snips and adhered it behind the stamped label to give it a mat. I used the Paper Snips to trim off the little points that stuck out past the rounded ends of the label and adhered the label onto the card front with a couple Stampin’ Dimensionals.


Now for the butterflies! I stamped the butterfly image from Papillion Potpourri in Basic Black ink once onto Sahara Sand, Summer Starfruit, and Midnight Muse card stock. I punched out each of the butterflies with the Delicate Butterfly punch and adhered the butterflies onto the card front with a Mini Glue Dot under each. I really like how it looks like they are floating up the card front!


So what is your favorite new catalog item? Mine is definitely all the framelits that coordinate with stamps!