Friday, April 19, 2013

Widgets

Just Because Friday Mashup 106

Are you ready for another Friday Mashup challenge? Well… here it is! I had a lot of fun with this one!


  • Stamps: Vintage Verses, Circle Circus
  • DSP: Wisteria Wonder, Silver Glimmer
  • Card Stock: Whisper White, Sahara Sand, Wisteria Wonder, Perfect Plum
  • Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Perfect Plum, Sahara Sand
  • Accessories: Delicate Doilies Sizzlit, 1-3/4” Circle Punch, 1-1/4” Circle Punch, 1” Circle Punch, 3/4” Circle Punch, 3/16” Corner Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Rhinestones, 2-Way Glue Pen



Here's your Mashup Challenge:
  1. Create a card using the colors "Sahara Sand, Perfect Plum & Wisteria Wonder".
  2. Create a card " and Mail it to someone".
  3. Or Mash it Up and create a card with "Sahara Sand, Perfect Plum, Wisteria Wonder & Mail it".


This card was so much fun to make! I started off with a 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” piece of Whisper White card stock scored at 4-1/4”. I cut a piece of Wisteria Wonder DSP 2” x 5-1/2” and adhered it onto the right side of the card front. I punched the two right corners with the 3/16” Corner Punch. Then I cut a piece of Silver Glimmer Paper 1/8” x 5-1/2” and adhered it right next to the DSP.

Next I cut a piece of Sahara Sand card stock 4” x 4” and ran it through the Big Shot on the Delicate Doilies Sizzlit to cut out the largest doily. Next I cut a piece of Perfect Plum card stock 1” x 4” and used Paper Snips to cut both ends into a dove-tail shape. I adhered the banner on top of the doily. I took the largest circle from Circle Circus and stamped it onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Wisteria Wonder ink by stamping off.  I stamped the greeting from Vintage Verses on top of the stamped circle in Perfect Plum ink then cut out the circle with my 1-3/4” Circle Punch. I adhered this on top of the banner/doily. 


I stamped several other circles from Circle Circus onto scraps of Perfect Plum, Wisteria Wonder, and Sahara Sand card stock in the matching ink then punched out the circles. I adhered all but two of the circles onto the card front with a 2-Way Glue Pen. The two remaining circles and doily layer were adhered onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. I had to add some more sparkle though, so I added Rhinestones onto both ends of the banner.

For the “actually mail it” portion of the challenge I sent this card to my Mom to let her know just how special she is.

I love how fun and funky this looks with all those layered circles!

If you have a chance head on over to the Friday Mashup to see what the rest of the design team has created and play along with the challenge!