Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Widgets

Spring Rose Gift Box

I helped the Easter Bunny make this box this last Sunday for my Mom for Easter. She is always getting something for the grandkids, and rarely gets anything from the Easter Bunny. I told her that the Easter Bunny must have made a mistake. He left this box of sweets at my house and it’s clearly meant for her since yellow is her favorite color.


So here is how I helped the Easter Bunny make it.

  • Stamps: En Francais, Well Scripted (retired), Flowering Flourishes
  • Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade
  • Ink: Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Versamark
  • Accessories: Small Oval Punch (from the Holiday catalog),Dazzling Detials, Decorative Label Punch, Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon (retired),Pool Party embossing powder, Heat Tool, 3/8” Circle Punch (Itty Bitty ShapesPunch Pack),  Sticky Strip, Paper Snips,Stamping Sponge, Multi-purpose Liquid Adhesive


I started off with an 8-1/2” x 11” piece of Very Vanilla card stock. I scored it as shown below. I used Paper Snips to trim on the lines indicated in red below. On the front side of the box I added Sticky Strip inthe locations indicated with the blue lines. Then I flipped the card stock overand adhered Sticky Strip onto the back of the card stock in the location indicated with the green line.



I stamped the En Francais background image onto the card stock twice in Crumb Cake ink. Then I stamped the largest image from Flowering Flourishes onto the card stock several times in Daffodil Delight ink. I folded on all of the score lines then removed the Sticky Strip liner from the side tab and adhered it behind the other end of the card stock to form a tube. Then I folded in the bottom flaps, removed the Sticky Strip from the last bottom flap and adhered it in place.


I sponged around all the edges except the top with Daffodil Delight ink and a Stamping Sponge. I pushed in at the top of the sides and squeezed the front and back together to allow the box to close. I used the Small Oval punch on both the front and back. For the tag I stamped the image from Well Scripted onto a scrap of Daffodil Delight card stock in Versamark ink. I covered the stamped image with Pool Party embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated it with my Heat Tool.


I punched out the greeting with the Decorative Label punch, sponged around the edges with Daffodil Delight ink, and used the 3/8”Circle punch to punch a hole in the tag. I filled the box with some Lindt truffles then I threaded a piece of Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon through the holes in the box and the tag then tied it into a bow.

I added some Dazzling Details onto the flower swirls on the front and back of the box and allowed it to dry. I adhered the flower onto the box with some Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive. Mom really loved the box!


Come back tomorrow for a full tutorial on how to create the rose!