Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Widgets

Elegant Butterflies

It’s been quite a while since I’ve posted a sketch card. So I thought I would share this week’s sketch from Stampin’ Connection SCCSC166. Take a look at the card I made.


  • Stamps: Friendly Phrases, En Francais, Papillion Potpourri
  • DSP: Wisteria Wonder
  • Card Stock: Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant
  • Ink: Bashful Blue, Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant
  • Accessories: Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, Delicate Butterfly Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Rhinestones, Dazzling Details, Glue Dots

Here is the sketch that was created by Liz Goldhawk: 

SCCSC166-001

This card was so much fun to put together! I started off with a 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” piece of Bashful Blue card stock that I scored at 4-1/4”. I stamped the En Francais background image onto the card front in Bashful Blue ink.

Next I cut a piece of Elegant Eggplant card stock 3-1/4” x 4-1/4”. Then I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 1-5/8” x 4-1/8” and adhered it onto the left side of the Elegant Eggplant card stock. The next piece is Wisteria Wonder DSP that was cut at 1-1/2” x 4-1/8” and adhered right next to the Whisper White card stock. Instead of overlapping the DSP and the Whisper White card stock, the edges are right against each other leaving a mostly smooth transition.


I stamped the solid butterfly image from Papillion Potpourri five times in Bashful Blue ink. Then I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to stamp the detailed butterfly image on top of the Bashful Blue image in Elegant Eggplant ink. Next I stamped the greeting from Friendly Phrases onto the Whisper White card stock in Wisteria Wonder ink.

I adhered this panel onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. I stamped the larger butterfly image onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Wisteria Wonder ink. Then I punched out the butterfly with the Delicate Butterfly punch and used a Glue Dot to adhere it onto the corner of the center panel. I added Rhinestones in the center of the larger butterfly and one Rhinestone next to the greeting. Finally I added some Dazzling Details onto the stamped Elegant Eggplant butterflies.


I really love how this turned out. It almost looks like the butterflies are floating on top of the card stock. I also really love this color combination! Who would have thought Bashful Blue was so great with Elegant Eggplant?