Friday, April 12, 2013

Widgets

Best of Birthdays Friday Mashup 105!

It’s Friday! So that means it’s time for another Friday Mashup challenge! And this time I’m actually posting it on Friday. So take a look!


  • Stamps: Best of Birthdays
  • DSP: Sycamore Street, Silver Glimmer Paper
  • Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Pool Party
  • Ink: Pool Party, Island Indigo
  • Accessories: Scallop Edge Border Punch, 3/16” Corner Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Rhinestones, Paper Snips


Sketch by: Erica 


Here's your Mashup Challenge:
  1. Create a project using the "Sketch".
  2. Create a "Birthday" project.
  3. Or Mash it Up and create a "Birthday project using the Sketch". 

I started off on this one by cutting a piece of Crumb Cake card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scoring it at 4-1/4”. Next I cut two pieces of Sycamore Street DSP (I love this stuff!) 1-3/4” x 5” and adhered them each onto a piece of Whisper White card stock cut at 1-7/8” x 5-1/8”. I adhered these side by side on the card front.

Next I cut a piece of Pool Party card stock 2-3/4” x 2-3/4”. I punched the top two corners with the 3/16” Corner Punch and sponged around the edges with Pool Party ink. I had the strip of scalloped Whisper White card stock in my scrap bowl so I adhered that onto the panel and trimmed off the excess. Next I cut a piece of Silver Glimmer Paper 1/2” x 3-1/4”. I used Paper Snips to trim one end into a dove-tail shape and adhered it onto the Pool Party panel. I stamped the image from Best of Birthdays onto the card stock in Island Indigo ink. Then I took my Pool Party marker and colored in the outside border of the image. Finally I added two Rhinestones and adhered the panel onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.


This was a really fun sketch! If you have a chance head on over to the Friday Mashup to see what the rest of the design team created!