Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Widgets

Wishing You a Perfect Day

Good morning everyone! I had some time to play around in my craft room recently and create a card just for fun. I had some fun playing with the new Secret Garden stamp set and coordinating Secret Garden Framelits.


  • Stamps: Vintage Verses (SAB), Woodgrain, Secret Garden
  • Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Pool Party, Very Vanilla, Lucky Limeade, Rose Red, Raspberry Ripple
  • Ink: Soft Suede, Sahara Sand, Early Espresso, Rose Red, Raspberry Ripple, Lucky Limeade
  • Accessories: Apothecary Accents Framelits, Secret Garden Framelits, Stampin’ Sponge, Dazzling Details, Stampin’ Dimensionals


I started off by cutting a piece of Crumb Cake card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. I stamped the card front with the Woodgrain background stamp in Soft Suede ink. Next I cut a piece of Pool Party card stock 2-3/4” x 4-1/4” and adhered it onto a 2-7/8” x 4-1/4” piece of Early Espresso card stock before adhering it onto the center of the card front.


Next I cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock 3” x 5-1/4” and ran it through the Big Shot with the Apothecary Accents Framelits.  I stamped the flower line images all over the Very Vanilla card stock in Sahara Sand and Soft Suede ink. Then I sponged around the outside edge of the label with Soft Suede ink. I stamped the greeting from Vintage Verses onto the left side of the label in Early Espresso ink. I adhered this label onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.


Next I stamped the solid flower images and leaf image onto scraps of Rose Red, Primrose Petals, and Lucky Limeade card stock in the coordinating ink colors. I used the Secret Garden Framelits to cut out each shape. I adhered the leaves and Raspberry Ripple flower directly onto the greeting label. The Rose Red flower was adhered with a Stampin’ Dimensional then a bit of Dazzling Details was added into the center of both flowers to give them a little bit of sparkle.

There are a lot of steps in this card, but well worth the effort. What do you think?