Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Widgets

Beautiful Butterfly

Can you tell I have a thing for butterflies? They’re just so pretty and always add a fun little accent. This card features the new big beautiful Swallowtail stamp from the Spring Catalog.


  • Stamps: Swallowtail, Loving Thoughts, Bloomin’ Beautiful
  • Card Stock: Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant, Wisteria Wonder, Pool Party
  • Ink: Versamark, Pool Party
  • Accessories: Pool Party embossing powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Aqua Painter, Frost White Shimmer Paint, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Glue Dots, Rhinestones

This is another fast and easy card with lots of wow! I started off with a piece of Whisper White card stock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored at 4-1/4”. I cut a piece of Wisteria Wonder card stock 3-7/8” x 3-7/8”. I rubbed the Embossing Buddy over the Wisteria Wonder card stock then stamped the Swallowtail image onto the card stock in Versamark ink. I covered the stamped image with Pool Party embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated it with my Heat Tool.


I used my Aqua Painter to pick up a little bit of Frost White Shimmer Paint and painted it inside the entire butterfly shape. To dry the Shimmer Paint/water faster I used the first setting on the new Heat Tool. Then I adhered this panel onto a 4” x 4” piece of Elegant Eggplant card stock. This panel was adhered onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.


I stamped the greeting onto the bottom of the card front in Pool Party ink. I stamped the butterfly image from Bloomin’ Beautiful onto a scrap of Pool Party card stock in Pool Party ink. Then I punched out the butterfly with the Bitty Butterfly punch and adhered it onto the card front with a Glue Dot. Some Rhinestones finish off the little butterfly with some sparkle.


Sweet and sparkly! Just how I like it!