Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Widgets

Warmest Winter Wishes Friday Mashup 89

I’m a little late posting my Friday Mashup 89 challenge card. It’s been a crazy weekend. I’m trying to get Christmas presents finished up, had a baby shower to attend, had a terrible head cold, and not to mention this week is finals in my college class. Eeek! Anyway, better late than never take a look at the card I made for this challenging sketch challenge.


  • Stamps: Warmest Winter Wishes, Bells and Boughs
  • Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler Core’Dinations
  • Ink: Black Stazon, Early Espresso
  • Markers: Lucky Limeade, Always Artichoke, Real Red, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Blender Pen
  • Accessories: Lacy Brocade embossing folder, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Scalloped Oval Punch, Stampin’ Sponge, Stampin’ Up Sanding Block, Champagne Glimmer Paper, Paper Snips, Cherry Cobbler Baker’s Twine, Stampin’ Dimensionals



So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project using the "Sketch".
  2. Or Make a project with some "Bling".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "project with the Sketch showing some Bling".


I started off by cutting the Crumb Cake card base 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Early Espresso 4” x 5-1/4” and a piece of Cherry Cobbler Core’Dinations card stock 3-7/8” x 5-1/8”. I ran the Cherry Cobbler card stock through the Big Shot in the Lacy Brocade embossing folder then sponged around the outside edge with Early Espresso card stock before sanding the raised texture. I adhere this onto the Early Espresso card stock then to the card front.

Next I cut a piece of Champagne Glimmer Paper 3/4” x 4-1/4” and adhered it onto the top of the card front. Then I used the label framelit from the Apothecary Accents Framelits with a scrap of Whisper White card stock in the Big Shot to cut out the label. I stamped the image from Warmest Winter Wishes onto the card stock in Black Stazon ink. I used the markers and blender pen to color in the image.


Next I stamped the greeting from Bells and Boughs onto a scrap piece of Crumb Cake card stock in Early Espresso ink. I punched this out with the Scalloped Oval Punch and sponged the edges with Early Espresso ink. I wrapped some Cherry Cobbler Baker’s Twine around the bottom of the label then adhered the greeting oval onto the label with a Stampin’ Dimensional. Finally I adhered the label onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals and used Paper Snips to cut the top of the label even with the card front.


I find coloring fun and relaxing so it was really nice to get to use this stamp set and chill with my markers and blender pen. What do you think? I definitely wouldn’t do a whole set of these, but I love how it turned out!