Friday, December 21, 2012

Widgets

Stack of Christmas Presents

For the December Make and Take it was all about Christmas! I held the class closer to the beginning of the month to try not to interfere with too many holiday parties and plans. So here is the first one, a tall stack of pretty wrapped presents! I was inspired by THIS card created by Angie over at Chic 'n Scratch. Now here is my version. 


  • Stamps: Snowflake Soiree, Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • DSP: Be of Good Cheer
  • Ink: Cherry Cobbler
  • Accessories: Scallop Edge Border Punch, Gumball Green Stitched Satin Ribbon, Paper Snips, Champagne Glimmer Paper, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Glue Dots, SNAIL Adhesive, 2-Way Glue Pen

I started off with a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored at 4-1/4”. I stamped the card front with the image from Snowflake Soiree in Cherry Cobbler ink to create a background pattern.

The presents are basically a stack of rectangles adhered behind one another with a smaller rectangle at the top for the “lid” of the box. The bottom box is a 1-3/4” x 3” piece of DSP. For the lid I used a 3/4” x 3” piece of Gumball Green card stock and punched one edge with the Scallop Edge Border Punch and adhere the scalloped trim onto the top of the DSP with 2-Way Glue Pen. For the middle present I cut a 2” x 2” piece of DSP and 1/4” x 2” piece of Champagne Glimmer Paper. I adhered the bottom of this present behind the very top of the bottom present.

For the smallest present I cut a 1-1/2” x 2” piece of DSP and a 1/4” x 1-1/2” piece of Very Vanilla card stock. I adhered the bottom of this present behind the very top of the middle present. Next I cut a piece of Gumball Green Stitched Satin Ribbon about 1-1/2” longer than the height of the presents. I used SNAIL Adhesive to adhere the ribbon ends onto the backside of the presents. I adhered the stack of presents onto the card front with a few Stampin’ Dimensionals.


I stamped the greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes onto a 1/2” x 3” piece of Very Vanilla card stock in Cherry Cobbler ink. I used Paper Snips to trim one end into a dove-tail and adhered the other end of the tag under the ribbon at the top of the stack of presents. Finally I tied a bow in Gumball Green Stitched Satin ribbon and adhered it onto the top of the stack of presents with a Glue Dot.

Simple and fun! I would love to receive a stack of presents like these, how about you?