Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Widgets

Blue Christmas

Good morning! Today I have the second card from the November Make and Take to share with you! This one is another snowflake Christmas card, but non-traditional colors.



  • Stamps: More Merry Messages, Ornament Keepsakes
  • Card Stock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Baja Breeze, Shimmery White, Basic Grey
  • Ink: Basic Black, Versamark
  • Accessories: Snow Flurry Die, Brights Glimmer Brads, Paper Piercer, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, Lacy Brocade embossing folder, Scallop Trim Border punch, Whisper White organza ribbon, Dazzling Details, Stampin’ Dimensionals, White embossing powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool


This card takes a lot of layers, but it’s super hard to do. I started off with a piece of Whisper White card stock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Baja Breeze card stock 3-3/4” x 5” and ran it through the Big Shot in the Lacy Brocade embossing folder. I adhered this onto a 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Basic Black card stock, then adhered this layer onto the card front.


Next I cut a piece of Basic Grey card stock 2” x 4”. I stamped the two ornament images from Ornament Keepsakes onto the strip in Basic Black ink. I cut a piece of Basic Black card stock 2-1/2” x 4” and punched one long edge with the Scallop Trim Border punch. Next I stamped the greeting from More Merry Messages onto the bottom of the Basic Grey card stock in Versamark ink. I covered the stamped image with White embossing powder, tapped off the excess and heated it with my Heat Tool. I adhered the stamped Basic Grey card stock onto the Basic Black card stock then adhered the panel onto the card front. I wrapped the card front with a piece of Whisper White Organza ribbon and tied it into a knot.


Now for the snowflake! I cut a piece of Shimmery White card stock 5” x 5-1/2”. I ran this through the Big Shot on the Snow Flurry die to cut out the three snowflakes. I layered the snowflakes together and pierced a hole in the center with my Paper Piercer and Stampin’ Pierce mat then added a Glimmer Brad to hold the snowflakes together. I adhered the snowflake onto the card front with a Stampin’ Dimensional and added some Dazzling Details onto the snowflake for some extra sparkle. 

What do you think?