Saturday, December 22, 2012

Widgets

Greetings of the Season

This is a fun and simple card with a few pops of color and sparkle! It’s a lot of punching, but the end result is really fun!


  • Stamps: Greetings of the Season, Bold Snowflake
  • Card Stock: Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla, Gumball Green
  • Ink: Illuminate Versamark, Gumball Green
  • Accessories: 1-1/4” Scalloped Circle Punch, 1” Circle Punch, Merry Minis Punch Pack, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Champagne Glimmer Paper, Red Glimmer Paper, Silver Glimmer Paper, 2-Way Glue Pen


I started on this card by cutting a piece of Sahara Sand card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock 3-5/8” x 4-7/8”. First I stamped the greeting from Greetings of the Season onto the bottom left hand corner of the card stock in Gumball Green ink. Then I stamped the Bold Snowflake onto the card stock in Illuminate Versamark ink. The Illuminate ink adds a nice subtle sparkly image to the background. I adhered this piece onto a 3-3/4” x 5” piece of Gumball Green card stock then adhered it onto the card front.


I cut a piece of Sahara Sand card stock 3/4” x 4-7/8” and adhered it into the center of the Very Vanilla panel.  Next I used the 1-1/4” Scalloped Circle punch three times on a scrap of Gumball Green card stock. I used the 1” Circle punch three times on a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock. I adhered the Very Vanilla circles onto the Gumball Green Scalloped Circles with 2-Way Glue Pen. I used the Merry Minis Punch Pack to put one image from each of the colors of Glimmer Paper and adhered the punched image in the center of the vanilla circle with 2-Way Glue Pen. I adhered each of the circles onto the strip in the center of the card front with a Stampin’ Dimensionals.


What do you think? Sparkly enough?