Friday, December 21, 2012

Widgets

Wonky Christmas Tree

I wanted to do a fun and whimsical Christmas card too. I was inspired by THIS card created by Helene at Stamp 2 LeNotte. Take a look at my version.


  • Stamps: More Merry Messages
  • DSP: Festival of Prints DSP Stack, Silver Glimmer Paper
  • Card Stock: Pool Party, Real Red, Whisper White, Early Espresso
  • Ink: Real Red
  • Accessories: Wood Grain embossing folder, Merry Minis Punch Pack, Pennant Builder Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Apothecary Accents Framelits, 2-Way Glue Pen


For this one I started off with a 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” piece of Pool Party card stock and scored it at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of 3-3/4” x 5-1/4” and ran it through the Big Shot in the Woodgrain embossing folder. I adhered this onto the card front. Then I cut a piece of Silver Glimmer Paper 1/4” x 5-1/4” and adhered it right next to the textured Pool party card stock.


Now for the panel with the tree… I started off by adhereing a 1-1/4” x 4-1/2” piece of Whisper White card stock onto a 1-3/8” x 4-5/8” piece of Real Red card stock. Then I cut a piece of Early Espresso card stock 1/4” x 1” and adhered it onto the very bottom of the Whisper White panel. I used the Pennant Builder punch to punch out five straight triangles from five different patterns of Festival of Prints DSP and used 2-Way Glue Pen to adhere one on top of another with each one at a slightly different angle. Then I used the star punch from the Merry Minis Punch Pack to punch a star out of Silver Glimmer Paper. I adhered the star onto the top of the three. I adhered this panel onto the card front with a couple Stampin’ Dimensionals.


Next I stamped the greeting from More Merry Messages onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Real Red ink. I cut out the greeting with the Apothecary Accents label and adhered the label onto the card front with a couple Stampin’ Dimensionals.

That’s it! It’s pretty simple and I just love how cute it is! What do you think?