Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Widgets

Warm Winter Wishes

I have a sketch card to share with you today! This one is a wintry Christmas Card. We haven't had any snow yet (other than a few flurries) but I'm hoping for some before Christmas! I hope you enjoy this wintry card.


  • Stamps: Winter Memories, Snowflake Soiree
  • DSP: Candlelight Christmas
  • Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
  • Ink: Black Stazon, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler
  • Markers: Lucky Limeade, Poppy Parade, Gumball Green, Sahara Sand, Blender Pen, Basic Black, Silver Stampin’ Dazzle
  • Accessories: Silver Glimmer Paper, Early Espresso embossing powder, Heat Tool, Embossing Buddy, Stampin’ Dimensionals, paper Snips, 2-Way Glue Pen, Stampin’ Sponge

Here is the sketch that was created by Susie Nelson: 


For this card I started off with a piece of Crumb Cake card stock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Candlelight Christmas DSP 4-1/4” x 5-1/2” and sponged around the edges with Early Espresso ink before adhering it onto the card front. Next I stamped the snowflake from Snowflake Soiree onto the middle of the DSP with it just a little bit closer to the right in Versamark ink. I covered the stamped image with Early Espresso embossing powder, tapped off the excess powder, and heated it with the heat tool.


Next I cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock 2” x 3”. I stamped the skates from Winter Memories onto the card stock in Black Stazon ink. Then I colored in the image with the markers. To color in the body of the skates I colored the Sahara Sand marker onto one of my clear stamp block and picked up a tiny bit of color at a time with the Blender Pen to apply the color onto the skates. This gives just a hint of color to the skates. The blades of the skates were colored in with the Silver Stampin’ Dazzle marker to make them shiny. I adhere this panel onto a 2-1/4” x 3-1/4” piece of Early Espresso card stock. I adhered this panel onto the card front with a few Stampin’ Dimensionals.


Next I took a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock that was about 3/8” x 4” and stamped the greeting from Winter Memories onto the strip in Cherry Cobbler ink. I used Paper Snips to cut the dove-tail shape in one end and adhered the greeting strip onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.

Finally I just had to add some Glimmer Paper. I love that stuff! I cut a piece of Silver Glimmer Paper 1/4” x 5” and adhered it across the top right corner of the card front with 2-Way Glue Pen and used Paper Snips to cut off the excess sticking out past the edge of the card front.