Friday, December 14, 2012

Widgets

Christmas Friday Mashup 89

 It’s Friday again! Christmas is getting closer. It’s right around the corner now. So I thought I would crank out one last Christmas card for this Friday Mashup challenge! I still have several older Christmas cards to show you, but that is for later.


  • Stamps: Everything Eleanor, Seasons Greetings, Scentsational Season
  • DSP: Be of Good Cheer DSP, Champagne Glimmer Paper
  • Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
  • Ink: Versamark, Gumball Green, Garden Green
  • Accessories: Iridescent Ice embossing powder, Holiday Collection Framelits, Paper Snips, Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Heat Tool


image © Stampin' Up!
So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project using" Heat Embossing".
  2. Or Make a project that has a "Clean And Simple Layout".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "CAS project using Heat Embossing".

I started off with a piece of Crumb Cake card stock cut at 4-1/4” x 11” and scored at 5-1/2”. I stamped the swirl from Everything Eleanor all over the card front in Versamark ink, covered the stamped images with Iridescent Ice embossing powder and heated it with my Heat Tool. Next I adhered a scrap piece of Be of Good Cheer DSP onto the right side of the card front and adhered a 1/4” x 4-1/4” piece of Champagne Glimmer Paper right next to the DSP.


I already had some die cut trees sitting around in my scrap bowl from another project so I just inked up the coordinating stamp from Scentsational Season first with Gumball Green ink and then touched just the edges of the stamp into the Garden Green ink pad before stamping.

I took a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock that was about 1” x 3-1/2” and stamped the greeting from Greetings of the Season onto the strip in Gumball Green ink. I used Paper Snips to cut a dove-tail in one end of the strip. Then I ran the card stock across my bone folder to give it some shape. I adhered the banner behind the tree, then I adhered it onto the card front with a couple Stampin’ Dimensionals.


Super quick and easy! Now I’m off to wrap some more presents and finish up my Christmas cards!