Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Widgets

Neutral Christmas Snowflakes

It’s time to share with you the cards from the November Make and Take. Here is the first one, and my favorite. Take a look:


  • Stamps: Snowflake Soiree, En Francais, Greetings of the Season
  • Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla
  • Ink: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Versamark
  • Accessories: Scallop Edge Punch, Crumb Cake Taffeta Ribbon, Early Espresso Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Embossing Buddy, Dazzling Details

I started off by cutting a piece of Crumb Cake card stock 4-1/4” x 11” and scored it at 5-1/2”. Next I cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock 3-1/2” x 5”. I stamped the En Francais background stamp onto the card stock in Crumb Cake ink. Next I stamped the snowflakes from Snowflake Soiree in Soft Suede ink. To get the lighter snowflakes ink up the stamp, stamp it onto scrap paper, and then stamp on your card stock. This gives a lighter image in the same color.

Next I stamped the greeting from Greetings of the Season onto the bottom of the Very Vanilla card stock in Versamark ink. I covered the stamped image with Early Espresso embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated it with the heat tool.


Then I cut a piece of Soft Suede card stock 4” x 5” and punched one of the long sides with the Scallop Edge Border punch. I adhered the stamped Very Vanilla card stock onto the Soft Suede card stock then wrapped a piece of Crumb Cake taffeta ribbon around the panel and tied it into a bow. This panel was adhered onto the card front. Finally, just to add some sparkle, I added some Dazzling Details onto the largest top right snowflake.


What do you think? I just love the neutral colors and the little bit of sparkle together!