Thursday, June 18, 2009

Widgets

Tri-Fold Shutter Card

Here is the last card that we made at our Make-and-Take. We made a Tri-Fold Shutter card. I have seen several of these on splitcoaststampers.com recently and really wanted to try it. It seems like a great card to showcase a pack of DSP and different techniques because there are so many panels and it looks so interesting. I found a tutorial for this card here: http://craftiblog.wordpress.com/2009/04/23/2009-04-23-quad-fold-card-sample-tutorial/


For the card I used SU Sage Shadow cs and the patterned paper is all SU Dainty Dots dsp. I used the SU sets Pocket Silhouettes and Great Friend for all of the images. The inks I used are Kiwi Kiss, Not Quite Navy, and Night of Navy. The other cs that was used is Very Vanilla (both sentiments), So Saffron (long middle panels), and Basic Black (both ends and middle). For the back panel I ran the dsp through a cuttlebug embossing folder and then took sandpaper and sanded off the top portion of the raised image. I love how the white of the paper shows through with the dark color on the background. It gives a shabby chic look to it. Some misc. lime green ribbon was tied on the bottom portion of the front panel and the butterfly from Great Friend was stamped in Kiwi Kiss and cut out. A vanilla brad holds it to the front panel and gold stickles highlight the leaf pattern in the butterfly. This card took a lot of time and a lot of pieces of paper, but it was well worth the effort!

The fourth project was the corner bookmark that I posted earlier. Now I just have to start preparing for the next month’s Make and Take. To get everything ready for this one I was up until 1AM on the Saturday night before getting all of the pieces cut and getting all the supplies together.