Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Widgets

Sketch Challenge #233

I created this card for the SC233 sketch challenge on Splitcoaststampers. You can find the link to the thread here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14448059#post14448059.

I started off with a Handsome Hunter card, then a piece of Very Vanilla was stamped with the swirls from Baroque Motifs and embossed in gold embossing powder. I used handsome hunter and real red to mat some pieces of Christmas patterned paper from a paper stack. I also used more Handsome Hunter to mat the Very Vanilla cs that was stamped with the cardinal from A Cardinal Christmas in Black Stazon and colored it in with SU markers. I then embossed it with clear embossing powder in three layers then I inked the edges of the cs with Versamark and added gold embossing powder. When heated it blends the edges of the gold with the clear. Then I used the cracked glass technique. Then just to finish it off I added some misc. red ribbon.

I’m not really thrilled with this one. I ended up running short on time and didn’t know what to do with this sketch and this card really was tossed together. It helps to go in with a plan before you start cutting when doing these challenges.