Monday, June 29, 2009

Widgets

Sketch Challenge #234

I created this card for the SC234 sketch challenge (which can be found here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=444498) on Splitcoaststampers.com. I started with a Pink Pirouette card that was partially embossed with Swiss Dots in the cuttlebug. At the bottom I stamped happy everything (from SU’s Happy Everything) in white craft ink at the bottom where I left out the texture. I matted some Baja Breeze cs that was also run through the cuttlebug onto Whisper White cs. I also ran a brayer with white craft ink over the embossing to make it stand out more.

For the center image I stamped the bird from Garden Collage in Black Stazon on Whisper White cs and colored it in with SU markers. This is matted on Ballet Blue and Whisper White cs. Some misc white ribbon really finishes it off. The only thing I would like different is for the stamping at the very bottom to stand out more. The white craft ink isn’t easily noticed on the light Pink Pirouette cardstock. But otherwise I am pleased with the result.