Monday, June 29, 2009

Widgets

Midnight Madness Challenge #7

This card I made for the Midnight Madness sketch challenge #7 (which can be found here: http://priscillastyles.blogspot.com/). I started off with a Whisper White card matted with Sage Shadow. I used Perisian Breeze dsp matted on Not Quite Navy and Whisper White for the two smaller panels. For the oval I used the large oval nestabilities dies and cut the largest oval out of Whisper White. This was then sponged with Bashful Blue, Tempting Turquoise, Baja Breeze, and Night of Navy. For the Baja Breeze and Night of Navy I used reverse circle masks to make it look like rings on a pond.

I then embossed the entire oval with two coats of Glassy Glaze clear ep to make it look shiny like water. The butterfly and flowers were stamped in Black Stazon on Whisper White and colored in the SU markers. Five gold brads finished off the sketch in the upper left hand corner. I stamped “Cherish” from Warm Words in Night of Navy at the bottom corner and added a few dots of stickles for a little extra sparkle. Gold stickles was also added to the center of the flowers.