Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Widgets

Sketch Challenge #232

I created this card for the SC 232 sketch challenge. I know this is a little late, but better late than never I guess.

The card is SU Not Quite Navy cs. The Whisper White cs mounted on the Not Quite Navy card is stamped with SU Print Pattern in Baja Breeze. I used some Baja Breeze cs in the center that was embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and then mounted on Chocolate Chip cs. I found some misc. bark blue ribbon that fits very well with this color combo and added it to the Baja Breeze and Chocolate Chip piece. For the two squares behind the main image I used Kiwi Kiss mounted on more Chocolate Chip which was then mounted to the card with some scrap rubber to make them stand out.
The main image is Whisper White cs stamped with SU Fifth Avenue Floral. The stems are stamped on a piece of white that is mounted on Not Quite Navy and colored in with SU markers (Certainly Celery, Old Olive). The flowers were stamped on Whisper White, colored in with SU markers (Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue, Going Grey, So Saffron, and More Mustard). The flowers were then cut out and added to the card with some scrap rubber to make them stand out. I then used the word “wonderful” from the SU Warm Words set stamped in Chocolate Chip in the lower left hand corner to finish it off.

I’m really pleased with how the colored flowers turned out. You can see a close up of them below.