Friday, June 26, 2009

Widgets

Father's Day Card

This is the card I made for my dad for Father’s Day. I started off with a Very Vanilla card cut 5” x 5” which I stamped with Weathered in Chocolate Chip to get the crackled look. For the main image I cut a 4” x 4” piece of Very Vanilla and sponged with Barely Banana, Bashful Blue, Baja Breeze, and Night of Navy to create the sky. I then masked off the sky portion so I could sponge the mountain in Close to Cocoa and Chocolate Chip. I stamped the tree from Nature Silhouettes in Black Stazon. I used the Stazon because it seems to be more of a true black then Basic Black which sometimes looks purple on lighter cardstock. I then used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the top of the three with the branches two more times to make the tree taller and half of the grass to go completely across the bottom of the cs. I then filled in the remainder around the edges by sponging Basic Black over and over until I got a true black.

After all this I covered the entire image with Versamark and embossed it with three coats of clear embossing powder to look glassy like you’re looking through a window. However, somehow there are some white speckles mixed in my clear embossing powder that you can see in the image. I will have to pick up a new container of clear embossing powder. I guess it just looks like you’re looking through a dirty window now, which would be the case in my house because I absolutely hate washing windows. Anyway, back to the card. I matted this main image on Chocolate Chip and Going Grey and then added four silver brads at the corners. The sentiment which is popped up with scrap rubber was stamped in Chocolate Chip on Very Vanilla cs from the Thinking of Father set. This is matted on Going Grey and Handsome Hunter with the corners punched with the ticket corner punch. Even with the white spots I really like how this card turned out.