Monday, June 15, 2009

Widgets

Scene In A Garden

This is the second card that we made at our make and take. Mom recently bought the SU Scene in a Garden stamp set so I had to use it for a card. You always have to play with your new toys when you get them. I cased this card http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1337254 .

I used Chocolate Chip CS for the card with bashful blue. The striped paper is from the SU Dainty Dots DSP. Sage Shadow CS was punched with the eyelet border punch and then some misc. lime green and light blue ribbon was added. More Chocolate Chip was used behind the main image and was also punched with the eyelet border punch. I have to say I really LOVE this punch and seem to use it a lot. I stamped the images in black Stazon on Whisper White CS and colored them in with Stampin Up markers (close to cocoa, chocolate chip, bashful blue, ballet blue, certainly celery, and sage shadow. The thank you sentiment was stamped from SU’s Oval All once on Bashful Blue CS and once on Whisper White CS. The bashful blue wash punched with SU’s scalloped oval punch and the white was cut out with scissors. I colored in the butterfly and added some stickles on the wings. The two silver brads fill in some blank space on the bottom right corner.
I really like how versatile this stamp set is. You can arrange and use any number of layouts with all of the cute images like the stack of pots and the windmill.