Sunday, June 14, 2009

Widgets

Father's Day Card

I enjoy going to the make and takes that my Stampin Up demonstrator holds each month, but since she has decided to take a break for the summer I decided to have my own with my Mom, Sister, and my friend Jessica. However, my sister couldn’t make it because of travel for her job so it was just my Mom and Jessica. We still had a lot of fun. Anyway here is the first card that we made. I will post the other two throughout the week.


Since it is June I figured it would be a good idea to make a Father’s Day card. I was inspired by this card http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1366902.
For this rather masculine card I started off with a Chocolate Chip card. The two patterned papers were Chatterbox Guest Linens and Chatterbox Guest Tiles which were both sponged with Close to Cocoa and mounted on Sahara Sand CS. The sentiment is from SU’s Thinking of Father and was stamped in Chocolate Chip on Very Vanilla CS. This was mounted on Ballet Blue and then Sahara Sand CS. I used the ticket corner punch on all three of the sentiment pieces and everything was sponged with Close to Cocoa. I used some PTI Dark Chocolate ribbon with a vanilla star brad from the SU hodgepodge hardware set. I really like how this one turned out. It is so hard sometimes to come up with a truly masculine card and I think this fits in that category. I will have to try to push myself to come up with more great looking masculine cards.