Friday, June 5, 2009

Widgets

Sketch Challenge #231

This is the first time I have decided to, and had the time to, participate in a sketch challenge. I had so much fun coming up with cards that fit into the layout in the sketch. I hope to be able to continue participating for a while.

This is the first card I made for this challenge out of three. I will post the other two later this weekend. I love creating cards that are scenery or almost like , or could be, a painting. I used Stampin Up inks to create the sponged background with, from center out, Barely Banana, Blush Blossom, Almost Amethyst, Perfect Plum, and Chocolate Chip.

For the daisies in the back I inked up with Chocolate Chip and stamped off once before stamping onto my sponged background. I did this twice. Then I stamped the darker daisies with Chocolate Chip making sure to offset them from the background daisies. I also used a Chocolate Chip marker to make shadow lines on the daisies. I then cut the single card into the three strips and mounted them on the Very Vanilla mat.

The butterfly from SU's Great Friend was stamped in Perfect Plum on Very Vanilla CS and Star Dust stickles was added to the edges and the portions where the vanilla CS shows through in the image. This is all matted on a Going Grey card with Very Vanilla and Perfect Plum with the edge punched with the eyelet border punch. I just love how this one turned out.